The community of Tuni is about 50,000 people. It is a marketplace and the railroad takes the produce of local farmers, orchards, and craftsmen to cities across India for sale.
Because of this confluence, there are many types of people all in one place, and we are strategically placed. We can reach tribal peoples with no Bibles in their language as well as urban businessmen coming to the markets for business.
Our church is made up of all of these people. We have services going on many places at once. We go to the villages, the farms, the cities. We are training and discipling new believers so they can do outreach as well. We are vibrant and growing, but we always need materials to keep working.
Things we need:
- *Bible study guides
- *Education materials
- *Sunday school materials
- *Food (it costs a lot to feed widows, orphans, and the poor.)
- Establish a mission center in every district headquarters and plant churches where there is no church in every rural village in the state of Andra Pradesh, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, and Northern Indian states.
- Establish Bible training centers in all 29 states of India.
- Establish orphanages and rehabilitation centers to care for as many destitute children as possible.
- Establish health centers in tribal, rural villages to meet the basic health concerns of the population.
- Evangelize the villages of India.
- Train and send missionaries to the field.
- Establish a well-equipped theological seminary for higher education for future pastors of India.
- Most of all, to make disciples for Jesus.
MORE ABOUT OUR CHURCH
Established in 1970 by his father, this ministry was handed over to pastor Lazarus Valluri in 1984.
The Holy Scriptures say in 1 Corinthians 9:26, “Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly”; Psalm 16:8, says, “I have set the Lord always before me.”; and Philippians 3:13,14, says, “Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.”
We face much persecution, and many trials and temptations through non-Christian orthodoxies who try to stop church ministry. But the power of God is leading this victorious ministry. Many ruined families come to Christ and receive blessings. The sick are healed, the demon possessed are released.
We have many ongoing projects that need support. If you are local to Tuni, please come and see us.
If you wish to visit India and see our ministry, please contact us.
In India, we have an ever increasing population, more terrorism, street fights, armed robbers, communal riots, religious fights, natural and man-made disasters that cause the socio-economic and cultural imbalances such as poverty, illiteracy, ill-health, unemployment, corruption, crime & juvenile delinquency. We have more prostitution, rapes, alcohol & drug addictions, suicides, ethnic conflicts & tensions, etc.
These things make us burdened for the people. We must bring the compassion of our Lord Jesus Christ to provide them peace.